What can I see?
What can I do?
What the are types of ships shown?
Why do ships sometimes appear to move across land?
Why are there fewer ships visible in the first part of the year?
- Container (e.g. manufactured goods): number of container slots equivalent to 20 feet (i.e. a 40-foot container takes two slots)
- Dry bulk (e.g. coal, aggregates): combined weight of cargo, fuel, water, provisions, passengers and crew a vessel can carry, measured in thousand tons
- Tanker (e.g. oil, chemicals): same as dry bulk
- Gas bulk (e.g. liquified natural gas): capacity for gases, measured in cubic meters
- Vehicles (e.g. cars): same as dry bulk